Balsamic-Grilled Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Yield 2 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½-2 tablespoons plain olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic, crushed or finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons Tuscan flavored olive oil (or plain olive oil; this is in addition to the oil used to marinate the chicken in step 2 below)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Handful fresh basil, sliced, chiffonade-style
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- More salt to taste
- Pat chicken dry and place in a plastic zip top bag.
- In a small bowl combine the plain olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried basil, oregano, crushed garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, press it a few times so the marinade gets on all sides of the chicken, seal the bag and let sit 30 minutes to 2 hours. If sitting longer than 30 minutes marinate in the refrigerator for food safety.
- Preheat and prepare your grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill over medium heat until the chicken thighs are slightly crispy on the edges but tender and juicy on the inside.
- While the chicken is grilling, place the cut tomatoes, Tuscan flavored (or plain) olive oil, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and chopped basil in a bowl. Toss to coat. Gently stir in the goat cheese. Add salt to taste.
- When chicken is done grilling place the chicken on a bed of greens and spoon the tomato/goat cheese/basil mixture on top.
- If you have fresh rosemary, chop about a teaspoon and add to the the chicken marinade.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 28 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 126 mg
Sodium 323 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 28 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/balsamic-grilled-chicken-with-tomatoes-and-goat-cheese/