Yield 18 servings
- 3 cup unsalted, natural pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon, plus a little extra (see below)
- ¾ teaspoon cardamom, plus a little extra (see below
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet. Do not use parchment paper!
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg white and vanilla until foamy. Pour over the pecans and toss until the nuts are coated.
- In another small bowl mix together the sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Sprinkle over the coated nuts and toss until nuts are well-coated.
- Spread coated nuts in a single layer onto a greased baking sheet. (Remember, no parchment paper.) Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately dust with a little extra sprinkle of cinnamon and cardamom. Let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Cardamom has a spicy-peppery flavor. If you don’t like that leave it out.
- Be patient with the nuts. Don’t rush them. They will look “done” at 45 minutes and you will be tempted to take them out an eat them right away. Don’t do that. If you want them crispy wait the entire 60 minutes (tossing every 15 minutes).
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/cinnamon-glazed-pecans-bigger-batch/