Cranberry Coconut No Bake Cookies
Yield 30-36 small cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces or ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder = (I used a combo of light and dark; see prep tips above)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup coconut
- 1/3 cup cranberries, chopped
- Non-stick spray
- Gather all your ingredients and measure everything out. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the butter (or coconut oil), sugar, milk, and unsweetened cocoa powder in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often until the butter melts and everything is well-combined.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Once it reaches boiling, set a timer and allow to boil for 60 seconds (no more no less) stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter, salt, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Stir in the oats, cranberries and coconut. Mix until well-combined.
- Work fast! Drop, using a 1 ½ tablespoon greased cookie scoop (or eyeball it), the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. Allow cookies to cool for at least 30 minutes before eating.
These cookies store well in a covered container and will last up to two weeks.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/cranberry-coconut-no-bake-cookies/