Creamy Cucumber Salad with Greek Yogurt and Fresh Dill
Yield 4 servings
- 1-2 English cucumbers cut into slices (see Notes)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced (see Step 1 below)
- ¾-1 cup 2% fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure Michigan honey
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional – 1 clove crushed garlic
- Optional – 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Place the onion slices in a bowl of ice water for ten minutes. Drain thoroughly and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and dill. If using, add the garlic and cayenne pepper. Stir to blend.
- Place the sliced cucumber and drained onion slices in a large bowl. Pour the yogurt dressing on top and gently fold to combine.
- Chill one hour before serving.
- Best if served within 24 hours.
You can make this recipe using any kind of cucumber. If using a standard cucumber (with lots of watery seeds inside) cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Discard the seeds and slice the rest of the cucumber.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/creamy-cucumber-salad-with-greek-yogurt-and-fresh-dill/