Cucumber and Potato Salad with Fresh Dill
Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ -1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 ½ cups sliced, fresh cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh dill weed
- fresh ground pepper (see Trending in the EN kitchen above)
- Place potatoes in a medium size pot and cover with cold water. (Add a little salt.) Over medium heat, boil potatoes until just tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from heat, drain, then plunge potatoes (gently) into ice water. Let potatoes site 3-5 minutes then drain thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegars, salt and pepper.
- Place cucumber slices and chopped onion in a medium size bowl. Pour oil and vinegar dressing on top and mix well. Add potatoes and fresh dill and gently mix until well-coated.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve at room temperature or chill and serve later. Will stay fresh 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Kick it up a notch: Add a little crumbled feta or goat cheese.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 248 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Protein 1 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/cucumber-and-potato-salad-with-fresh-dill/