Easy Salmon Caesar Salad
Yield 2 servings
- 2 4-5 oz. salmon filets, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon, freshly ground black pepper
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- non-stick spray
- 1 small head or 1/2 large head Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons bottled Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan - plus a little more for garnish
- 1/2 cup packaged croutons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost salmon filets under cool running water, in the refrigerator, or in the microwave (be sure to use the defrost setting). Pat dry.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Place salmon filets on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Spread the oil/garlic/lemon juice mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 until fish flakes and flesh is opaque (15-25 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the fillet. Remove from oven and allow to cool, 10 minutes.
- While fish is baking, wash and chop lettuce.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, 2-3 tablespoons (or to taste) bottled Caesar dressing. Toss well. Stir in ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1 cup croutons. Toss again and divide among four plates.
- Flake salmon with a fork and place salmon pieces on top of salad. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/easy-salmon-caesar-salad/