5 Minute Caprese Salad
Yield 4 servings
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes, any kind, halved
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons high quality olive oil (we used Tuscan Herb Olive Oil purchased from the Olive Cart)
- Juice of ½ fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, cheese, and basil.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil and the lemon juice and whisk until blended.
- Pour the oil/lemon juice mixture on top of the salad. Stir gently until combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Optional - If you love garlic add one crushed or finely minced garlic clove.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/five-minute-caprese-salad/