Garlic-Roasted Green Beans and Tomatoes
Yield 2 servings
- 2 large handfuls of green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (leave whole)
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/4- teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional – fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place green beans and tomatoes in a large bowl and add olive oil, minced garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Toss to coat beans.
- Spread the tomatoes and green beans on a baking sheet and roast for 15-25 minutes tossing occasionally. Don’t worry if the tomatoes are sticking. The dish is done when the beans and tomatoes begin to caramelize and brown. Remove from oven.
- Use a large flat metal spatula to remove the beans and tomatoes from the pan. Try to lift the tomatoes carefully. You want to get as much of the sticky, caramelly stuff that is stuck to the pan as you can. Some will stick a bit too much. Some may even burn a little. That’s life.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar (if using). Taste and season with extra salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately or wait a bit and serve at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 240 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Protein 3 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/garlic-roasted-green-beans-and-tomatoes/