Green Tea Matcha Latte
Earthy, sweet and satisfying... like yoga in a cup.
- 12 ounces 2% milk, soy milk, or almond milk
- 2 teapoons matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small pot or saucepan, add the milk and heat it until it begins to steam and is hot.
- Stir in the matcha powder, honey or agave, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Pour 4 ounces of the heated matcha/milk combo into the frother. Pour the rest into two coffee/tea mugs.
- Follow the directions on the frother to froth the liquid until light and airy. (Be careful, the froth and liquid will be hot!)
- Use a spoon to hold the froth back and pour any unfrothed liquid into the two cups that contain the hot, unfrothed matcha/millk mixture. Then, spoon the remaining froth on top of each cup.
- Garnish with a light sprinkling of matcha powder (or if you’re feeling decadent, a little whipped cream)
- Recipe analysis is for 2% milk.
- Lactose-free milk, plant-based milks, and whole milk are a little harder to froth. The froth will be more like foam than froth but will still taste delicious.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 86 mg
Total Carbohydrates 18 g
Sugars 18 g
Protein 6 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/green-tea-matcha-latte/