Honey Mustard Chicken with Broccolini
Yield 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast (about 3 breasts, cut in half)
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoons dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds broccolini, washed, cut apart lengthwise, into sections about 1 ½ inches wide
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 cup Dijon or whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Optional – fresh chopped parsley
- Pound the chicken pieces between two sheets of wax paper until they are about ¾ inches thick.
- Season the chicken pieces, on both sides, with tarragon, garlic, marjoram, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown (2-4 minutes). Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the broccolini to the hot pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside. (Alternatively, you can cook the broccolini, covered, in the microwave for 3 minutes until crisp tender.)
- In a small bowl, make a sauce by whisking together the mustard, balsamic vinegar, chicken stock or broth, diced onion, and honey. Pour the sauce into the skillet and cook stirring and scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the chicken back to the pan and cook 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, adding the broccolini during the last 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- If you are watching our salt intake closely, omit salt to decrease sodium in this recipe.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 678 mg
Total Carbohydrates 25 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Protein 23 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/honey-mustard-chicken-with-broccolini/