Lemon Tahini Goddess Bowl
Yield 4 servings
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1-2 lemons (about 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked farro, brown rice, barley or spelt
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil (for sautéing the veggies)
- 1 medium red or white onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup frozen edamame, shelled, and defrosted
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1 ½ cups baby kale, chopped
- ¼-1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a food processor blend until smooth: tahini, 2 cloves (set aside the other two cloves) fresh garlic, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium size skillet, heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion and the other two cloves of garlic (minced) to the skillet and cook over medium until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped red pepper and tomato and sauté for another 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the kale, cooked brown rice and lentils, and stir to combine. Sauté until just wilted. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in the dressing, and the fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Save the extra two servings for lunch, or reduce the recipe by 50% to make two servings.
- It’s hard to make a small batch of this dressing in a food processor. If you reduce dressing recipe by 50% blend it well with a whisk instead of a food processor.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Sodium 228 mg
Total Carbohydrates 33 g
Dietary Fiber 9 g
Protein 4 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/lemon-tahini-goddess-bowl-vegan/