Lemony Basil and Tomato Zoodles
Yield 2 servings
- 1 medium zucchini, washed and patted dry
- 12 (or so) cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons good quality olive oil (plain or basil-flavored)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/4 to 1/2 of a fresh lemon, juiced
- 3-5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Dash of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Turn the zucchini into "noodles" according to (Veggetti, Spiralizer, etc.) directions.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- In a medium size bowl combine the spiralized noodles (zoodles), sliced tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors meld.
- Add the grated cheese, stir again, and serve. Will keep 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 121 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Protein 3 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/lemony-basil-and-tomato-zoodles/