Maple Orange Salmon
Yield 2 servings
- 2 (6 – 7 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons orange juice (fresh if you have it), divided (see steps 1 and 6)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together two tablespoons orange juice, maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper.
- Place salmon into a baking dish then pour maple syrup mixture evenly over salmon. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, carefully flipping the salmon over once halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray then transfer marinated salmon into the prepared baking dish. Don’t throw out the marinade.
- Bake the salmon in the oven until salmon is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking, add the other two tablespoons of orange juice to the marinade that the fish was marinating in and stir. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat slightly and allow to cook several minutes, stirring frequently, until reduced by 1/3.
- Serve the salmon warm with 1 tablespoon of the orange glaze drizzled over top. Garnish with green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
The recipe analysis is for the salmon with all of the sauce however, some of the sauce drains off in cooking, and some may remain in the pot. If you don’t consume all of the sauce, the analysis will be different.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 893 mg
Total Carbohydrates 25 g
Protein 38 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/maple-orange-salmon/