Middle Eastern Salad with Garlic-Yogurt Dressing
Yield 2 servings
- ½ pound ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Za’atar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 clovers garlic, minced or crush, divided
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice from ½ small or ¼ large lemon
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, mint, basil, dill, oregano)
- 4-6 cups salad greens
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- ¼ cup sliced red onion, or pickled onions
- 3 tablespoons feta or goat cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the ground lamb, one clove minced garlic, Za’atar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Cook until brown and crumbly. Drain the fat.
- While the lamb is cooking, in a small bowl mix together: yogurt, one clove crushed garlic, fresh lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons of the fresh herbs.
- Assemble the salad on plates: greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, feta or goat cheese, and remaining 2 tablespoons fresh herbs. Spoon the cooked lamb and top.
- Top with yogurt dressing. Serves 2.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/middle-eastern-salad-with-garlic-yogurt-dressing/