My New Favorite Energy Bites
Yield 12-14 golf ball size bites
Sweet and salty, with a touch of coconut and a surprising burst of coffee flavor, these energy bites are just what you need when the 2 pm "hangries" hit.
- ½-3/4 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter – stirred well
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup chopped, roasted pumpkin seeds (leave about a tablespoon out for step 3 below)
- ¼ cup chopped, organic espresso-flavored coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate (leave about a tablespoon out for step 3 below)
- ¼ cup diced, dried apricots (leave about a tablespoon out for step 3 below)
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of chopped apricots, dark chocolate, and pumpkin seeds in a small bowl. Set aside and save for step 3.
- Carefully mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine well.
- Roll into 12-14 golf ball size balls, then roll lightly in the apricot, pumpkin seeds, and dark chocolate topping (from step 1.)
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Sodium 22 mg
Total Carbohydrates 9 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Protein 4 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/my-new-favorite-energy-bites/