Parmesan Crusted Baked Cauliflower
Yield 4 servings
- 1 whole head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium cloves finely minced garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice. (This is 100% optional; I like lemon.)
- Fresh or dried parsley or chives
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the cauliflower. Cut the leaves and bottom off so that it sits flat. Place the whole head of cauliflower in a shallow microwave safe dish. Add the water and microwave on high 7-8 minutes. Drain and let cool 5 minutes, or until it’s not steaming anymore.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic, mustard, hot sauce, and lemon juice (if using).
- Using clean hands, cover the head of cauliflower with the mayo-cheese mixture. (Pat it on.) Sprinkle with paprika, parsley and/or chives.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the over 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/parmesan-crusted-baked-cauliflower/