Parmesan Dill Asparagus Fries
Yield 4 servings
- 1 pound asparagus, washed, trimmed and dried
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼-1/3 cup corn flake crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Optional – 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow dish or bowl.
- In another shallow dish, combine the dry ingredients: corn flake crumbs or panko crumbs, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, dill and salt, if using.
- Dip the asparagus spears into the beaten egg, then roll them in them topping.
- Place the coated asparagus on a baking tray and roast in the oven until golden brown, about 12-20 minutes, depending on the size of the spears).
- The nutrition analysis is for four servings but... Mr. EN and I usually eat two servings each.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 156 mg
Total Carbohydrates 11 g
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
Protein 8 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/parmesan-dill-asparagus-fries/