Pasta with Blistered Tomatoes and Crispy Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Yield 2 servings
- 2 cups whole cherry or grape tomatoes (any kind or color)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 6 oz. pasta, any style
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs, Italian Style
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, coat the whole tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes, until they are blistered and begin to “pop”.
- In a second bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, granulated garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Spread out the mixture on another cookie sheet.
- Bake the breadcrumbs until they just start to brown. Stir in the grated cheese and continue to bake a few more minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- While the tomatoes and bread crumbs are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, saving back a few ounces of the pasta cooking water.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the remaining 2 tablespoons high quality olive oil, the blistered tomatoes and all their lovely juices, and a tablespoon or two of the pasta cooking water.
- Top with the crispy breadcrumbs and sprinkle with the chopped basil and extra Parmesan.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/pasta-with-blistered-tomatoes-and-parmesan-breadcrumbs/