Peach, Prosciutto and Blueberry Salad
Yield 2 servings
- 1/2 peach, pit removed, skin on
- ¼ cup canola or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or white balsamic vinegar (see notes below)
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4-6 cups mixed mesclun greens (I like to use a mix that contains some of the spicier greens)
- 1 fresh peach, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 3 tablespoons crumbed goat cheese
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The Dressing: In a small food processor or blender, combine the first six ingredients: peach without the pit, oil, vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, honey, and optional fresh ginger. Blend until creamy.
- On a plate arrange the washed greens, peaches and blueberries.
- Cut the pieces of prosciutto lengthwise and roll into bite size pieces. Arrange them on the salad.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons dressing, per serving, on top.
Note: Peach balsamic vinegar may be substituted for the apple cider or white balsamic vinegar in the dressing.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/peach-prosciutto-and-blueberry-salad/