Raspberry Chia Pudding Parfaits
Yield 2 parfaits
- 1 cup milk (dairy or any plant-based milk i.e. soy, almond, oat, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (agave, honey, maple syrup)
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt, divided
- ½ frozen raspberries, defrosted, drained
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- Combine chia seeds, milk of choice, and sweetener of choice in a jar or container with a lid. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 days. Note: Stir the pudding 1-3 times while it’s thickening in the refrigerator to keep the chia seeds from settling on the bottom of the jar.
- When you’re ready to assemble the parfaits, in a small bowl, stir together drained raspberries and ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt. (Save the other ½ cup for step 3 below.)
- In two 8-ounce glass jars, drinking glasses, or parfait dishes layer in this order: chia seed pudding, raspberry yogurt mixture, chia seed pudding, vanilla Greek yogurt, and fresh raspberries.
- Enjoy immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- If you want to use all fresh raspberries (and mash them in step 2) or all frozen drained raspberries in this recipe do so. Both will work.
- The sweetener is optional. If using vanilla- flavored soy, almond or another plant-based milk, you may want to omit the sweetener.
- Make this vegan by using plant based milk and yogurt.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 74 mg
Total Carbohydrates 29 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Protein 16 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/raspberry-chia-pudding-parfaits/