Singapore Street Style Coconut Chicken
Yield 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ to ¾ of a 16-oz. ounce jar of Singapore Street Style Coconut Simmer Sauce
- 2-3 large peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or two cloves thinly sliced fresh garlic
- ½-1 cup pineapple tidbits or chunks and ¼ cup pineapple juice (from the can)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Optional – fresh lime juice, toasted coconut, and/or chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in skillet and cook, turning once or twice, until brown on both sides.
- Pour the simmer sauce over the chicken and stir in the garlic powder, red pepper flakes, pineapple, and pineapple juice.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add the peppers and onions, stir, and continue to simmer until just tender (about five minute more).
- Remove from heat and serve over cooked rice or quinoa; spooning the veggies and sauce over the chicken.
- Top with green onions and optional fresh lime juice, toasted coconut, or chopped cilantro.
- I used one red pepper, one yellow pepper and one large Poblano pepper.
- This recipe serves 4 but can easily be cut in half.
- The nutrition analysis does not include quinoa or rice.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Sodium 560 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26 g
Protein 24 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/singapore-street-style-coconut-chicken/