Broccoli Peanut Noodles
Yield 2 Servings, more for sauce
Easy Peanut Sauce (Save 1/3-1/2)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste – if you like spicy flavors
The Noodle Part
- 4-6 oz dry whole wheat linguine noodles
- 1 small head fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts (optional)
- Begin cooking the pasta, in a medium to large pot, according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, wash and chop the broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- If using, chop the green onions and cilantro. Place the peanuts in a small plastic bag and pound with a mallet or can until crushed.
- In a small bowl whisk together the peanut sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy. For extra creamy sauce, use a food processor to blend together the ingredients.
- About two minutes, before the pasta is fully cooked, add the broccoli to the pasta water. Continue boiling until bright green and just tender. Do not overcook the pasta or the broccoli!
- Drain the pasta/broccoli mixture thoroughly and place in a large bowl. Add ½ of the peanut sauce and stir until well combined. (Note: Save the other half of the sauce and use for wraps, a stir fry, or as a dipping sauce for fresh or steamed veggies. It will keep in the refrigerator 3 days.)
- Top with chopped cilantro, sliced green onion and crushed peanuts if using.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Sodium 479 mg
Total Carbohydrates 72 g
Dietary Fiber 15 g
Protein 24 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/spicy-broccoli-and-peanut-noodles/