Strawberry Dutch Baby
Yield 4 slices
More dramatic than French Toast or pancakes, impress your friends with this stunning easy to make, light and luscious breakfast dish.
- 1 ½ quarts fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 10 tablespoons fat-free milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter melted and divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons shelled lightly salted pistachios, crushed
- Extra powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Hull and slice strawberries Place in a bowl and add lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon rind, and powdered sugar; toss.
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven. Preheat to 450.
- In a blender, food processor, or Magic bullet combine cornstarch, milk, flour, eggs, egg white, remaining lemon rind, and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Blend until smooth.
- Once oven reaches 450, remove pan. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add remaining 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter to hot pan. Swirl to coat.
- Add batter to pan, bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until batter is very puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Top with strawberries and pistachios. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Slice into quarters and serve immediately. Optional – top with a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of real maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12 g
Unsaturated Fat 4.4 g
Cholesterol 113 mg
Sodium 125 mg
Total Carbohydrates 30 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 9 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/strawberry-dutch-baby/