Tahini Lemon Potato Salad
Yield 6 servings
- 3 cups very small new potatoes (red, yellow, purple) or any combination
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- juice of ½ small lemon and ½ teaspoon zest (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or finely minced
- Water (see Step 2 below)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped (plus a little extra)
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves (plus a little extra)
- White or cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Optional - 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Mixed greens
- Steam or gently simmer the whole potatoes for about 20 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and allow to cool. Once cool, cut the potatoes in halves or quarters.
- Whisk the tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and olive oil together in a mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce and drizzle in a little water. Continue whisking (and adding a drizzle of water) until the dressing is the consistency of whipping cream.
- Finely chop the dill and cilantro and stir, along with the lemon zest, into the dressing.
- Taste and season with a dash of white or cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour the dressing on top of the potatoes and fold gently until coated.
- Serve the potato salad on a bed of salad greens.
- Optional – top with extra fresh dill and/or cilantro leaves and pomegranate seeds.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/tahini-lemon-potato-salad/