Yield 8-10 Servings
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cans (15.5 oz) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed, dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons stone ground or country-style mustard
- 2 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons hot pepper sauce e.g. Franks or Tabasco
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- On the stove top, over medium heat, cook bacon in a dutch oven or a large pot until crispy. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the crumbled sausage and diced onion to the dutch oven/pot and cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent, and the sausage is no longer pink. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Return the bacon to the dutch oven and stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Place in oven; bake, covered 50-60 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 802 mg
Total Carbohydrates 64 g
Dietary Fiber 11 g
Protein 15 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/tailgate-beans/