Tex Mex Easy Summer Salad
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 ears of leftover, cooked, sweet corn, cut from the cob
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Juice of two limes
- 3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey or (agave if vegan)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder (plus a little extra)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced, or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl combine the garbanzo beans, corn, tomatoes, poblano pepper, red pepper, onion, jalapeno and parsley or cilantro.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, avocado or olive oil, honey, cumin, chili powder and garlic or garlic powder. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the veggies and herbs and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate 30-60 minutes then serve with a little extra chili powder sprinkled on top. This salad will keep in the refrigerator, in a closed container, for 3 days.
After the salad sits a day or two, you may need to drain off a little of the excess liquid and re-season with a dash of cumin and chili powder.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/tex-mex-easy-summer-salad/