Tex Mex Quinoa Salad
Yield 2-4 servings
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa (read the Cooking Tips above)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped peppers (any color)
- 2-4 tablespoons diced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons good olive oil
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ fresh lime, juiced
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon, low sodium Tajin
- Optional - ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional – fresh chopped cilantro
- In a medium size bowl combine the cooked quinoa, olive oil, all of the spices including Tajin, and the lime juice. Stir gently but well.
- Fold in the corn, black beans, peppers, green onion, and chopped tomatoes.
- Check taste, season with salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with chopped cilantro if using.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve later.
- Recipe analysis is for a main dish - two servings.
- Analysis does not include the addition of extra salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Sodium 280 mg
Total Carbohydrates 59 g
Dietary Fiber 13 g
Protein 14 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/tex-mex-quinoa-salad/