Three (or four or more) Ingredient Vegan Breakfast Cookies
Yield 6 large or 12 small cookies
- 1 cup quick oats, toasted or untoasted
- 2 medium size bananas, mashed (use slightly brown bananas if you have them)
- Splash (about a tablespoon) strong black coffee
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped apricots
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a medium size bowl combine the oats, mashed banana, coffee (if using), salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and diced apricots.
- For six big cookies - Use about 1-2 heaping tablespoons of batter per cookie. (Look at your batter and visually divide into “six cookies”.) Drop the batter (1-2 tablespoons each) onto the cookie sheet and spread, into a cookie shape, using a spoon or fork. Flatten each cookie to about ½ inch thick. Big breakfast cookies should be about 2 – 3 inches in diameter; and smaller cookies should be about 1-2 inches in diameter.
- Bake in a 350 F oven. For small cookies, bake 12-15 minutes, for big cookies, bake 14-18 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from the oven and cool a few minutes on the tray, then move the cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely. Store cookies covered, in the refrigerator, for 3-5 days.
- This recipe is vegan if you use vegan chocolate chips, and gluten free if you use gluten free chocolate chips and gluten free oats.
- Nutrition analysis is for one large cookie.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 52 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Protein 3 g
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/three-or-four-or-more-ingredient-vegan-breakfast-cookies/