Whole Wheat Pumpkin Snack Cake
Yield 16 pieces
- 1 ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup plus two tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 15-oz. can solid pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- ½ cup chopped, dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Optional - powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 X 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add pumpkin, eggs and oil. Beat by hand or with an electric mixer for 1 minute or until well-blended.
- Stir in dried cranberries and chopped toasted walnuts.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan, on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serving size: 1 wedge
At the time of posting my online, Nutrition Analysis program was not working. Do check back and I will post the nutrition facts as soon as it's up and running again.
Recipe by Empty Nest Eats at https://emptynesteats.com/whole-wheat-pumpkin-snack-cake/