It’s been a busy weekend for us. We had a mile long “To Do” list with lots of ho-hum, less than exciting tasks on it, which included getting one of our cars repaired and waiting for it to be fixed. That’s how we serendipitously ended up killing time at Sam’s Club where we purchased a $5 rotisserie chicken to make these anything but ho-hum, Buffalo Chicken Wraps.
If you’re looking for something that you can literally throw together in 15 minutes or less – and that’s quick, easy, tasty, nutritious and filling – look no more – these Buffalo Chicken Wraps are for you.
These wraps are…
- Protein-packed without a lot of fat
moderate in calories (if you’re watching your weight)
- High fiber
- Flavor-bombs (Wing sauce AND Blue cheese? Heck yes!)
- Extremely easy to prepare
Are you ready to expand your wrap-making repertoire beyond turkey and cheese or hummus and veggies? I hope you’ll try these 15-minute Buffalo Chicken Wraps. Please let me know how you liked them.
Peace, love and good eats, from our empty nest to yours.
Trending in the EN Kitchen: Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Wing Sauce purchased at our local Meijer Store
Mr. EN’s Take on This Recipe: “I like that you can make them as spicy as you want. The wing sauce is so flavorful without being too hot to handle. Great game day food!”
NOTE: This recipe make four wraps. If you only want to make two, reduce the ingredients by 1/2. We stored the two extra wraps in the refrigerator and took them to work the next day.
15 Minute Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Yield 4 wraps
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2-4 tablespoons (to taste) Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Wing sauce
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (iceberg, Romaine or any kind)
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots (about 2-3 large carrots)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (plus a little extra for sprinkling, step 4)
- 6 tablespoons yogurt-based blue cheese dressing
- 4 (10-inch) whole grain tortillas
- optional – celery sticks
- Wash and chop the lettuce. Use a box grater to grate the carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese dressing and the crumbled blue cheese. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the chopped chicken and buffalo wing sauce. Stir until chicken is coated.
- To assemble the wrap, spread 1 ½ tablespoons of the dressing/blue cheese mixture down the middle third of the tortilla. Arrange the shredded lettuce, buffalo chicken, and shredded carrot on top of the dressing/blue cheese. If desired sprinkle a little extra cheese on top.
- Carefully wrap up the tortilla, tucking in the ends. Slice the wrap down the middle. Serve with celery sticks on the side.
- If you don’t care for blue cheese substitute a yogurt-based Ranch dressing use shredded cheddar cheese instead of the crumbled blue cheese.
- This recipe is high in sodium. To reduce the sodium by more than half use baked chicken (not injected with a sodium solution), and a lower sodium tortilla.
- Make these wraps gluten free by using a gluten free tortilla/wrap.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 1018 mg
Total Carbohydrates 41 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Protein 29 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.