A sweet, spicy, and totally delightful way to enjoy fresh, locally-grown, Michigan peaches.
It’s July, it’s Michigan, and it’s hot outside. Not extra hot like it is where my two daughters are this week, in Arkansas and New York, but hot enough, at least for Mr. EN and me. For us, hot weather outside means quick, light, fresh, and easy meals inside. That’s where this Easiest-Ever Fresh Peach Salsa comes in.
The peaches are so fruity, tasty, and ripe where we live that I can hardly stop eating them. Fresh peaches in smoothies, fresh peaches in muffins, fresh peaches in pancakes and today – Fresh Peach Salsa!
If you’re a purist when it comes to salsa, and the only kind of fresh salsa you’ll eat is pico de gallo, it’s time to branch out my friend. This salsa is amazing and so good for you! It’s high in vitamins A and C, low in calories, fat-free, and loaded with fiber. Plus it tastes awesome; I promise.
If you’re still not convinced, below are five different and delicious ways to get this Fresh Peach Salsa in your mouth – today!
- Add ½ can of rinsed black beans to the salsa and stir into cooked brown rice for a nutritious, fiber-packed side dish;
- Use as a topping for pulled pork or fish tacos;
- Mix with a little light mayo and use as a dip for baked sweet potato fries;
- Enjoy with blue corn chips and a cold beer;
- Spoon over on grilled chicken breasts. (That’s what we did!)
Peace, love, and good eats; from our Empty Nest to yours.
Trending in the Empty Nest Kitchen – Tostitos, Simply Organic Blue Corn Chips purchased at our local Walmart.
Easiest-Ever Fresh Peach Salsa
Yield 2-3 servings
- 2 medium peaches, ripe but not too ripe
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- ½ poblano pepper or 1/2 small red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of one fresh lime
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix thoroughly but not roughly – be easy on those peaches!
- Serve chilled or dive right in.
Serving Size about 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.01 g
Saturated Fat 0.01 g
Unsaturated Fat 0.01 g
Cholesterol 0.01 mg
Sodium 50 mg
Total Carbohydrates 18 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.