A peachy perfect 10-minute hug — in a mug!
I don’t usually crave dessert but there was something about this past week – so wet and cold and long – that I started wishing for something hot, sweet, and cinnamony to cuddle up on the couch with while I finished watching the new HBO series, My Brilliant Friend. I have to admit, I don’t make a lot of desserts; they’re just not my favorite thing to make and for me, the calories really have to be worth consuming, which is definitely the case with this extra quick-to-fix Granola-Peach Cobbler in a Mug.
This Granola Peach Cobbler in a Mug is…
- Nutritious – duh, most of it is peaches!
- Crunch- and crumbly-good
- Soul-satisfying – vanilla and cinnamon = a warm hug
- Satisfyingly-sweet – but not too sweet
I’m not kidding when I say this cobbler is extra-quick-to-fix, you can make this dessert under 10 minutes flat, from start to finish. So, in the spirit of being extra-quick (and of me getting back to Episode 8 of My Brilliant Friend) that’s all I have to say about it. Here’s the recipe! I hope you like it.
Peace, love and good eats; from our empty nest to yours.
Trending in the EN Kitchen: Meijer Peach Slices, Canned in peach and pear juice
Mr. EN’s Take on This Recipe: “Like peach pie, only better and easier to make!”
Granola Peach Cobbler in a Mug
Yield 1 serving
- ¾ cup canned peaches, canned in their own juice (1 ½ tablespoons juice reserved)
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking mix
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons butter or oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons granola (any kind)
- Combine peaches, reserved peach juice, 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, vanilla, and cornstarch in a 12 oz. mug. Stir well to blend.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon brown sugar, baking mix, milk, cinnamon, butter or oil, walnuts and granola in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Spoon granola mixture over peaches.
- Microwave at 100% power for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- If you don’t have granola replace it with an additional tablespoon of baking mix.