Yesterday, Mr EN and I ate this entire head of cauliflower in 10 minutes. Yep, and we had NO TROUBLE doing that. We ate it as a snack, in-between making homemade spaghetti sauce (with ground lamb and pork that was in our freezer) gluten-free brownies, and a Balsamic Chicken, Potatoes and Tomatoes sheet pan dinner. In our defense, we’re delivering the spaghetti sauce to friends today, but we did manage to put away the rest of the dishes mentioned here.
One thing our family has been doing to stay in touch – while social distancing – is to share what we’re cooking via text or social media. This morning my sister and sister-in-law asked for this Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower recipe so I’ll get right to it and to the point: THIS DISH IS SOOOO good and it’s easy to make. Just follow the instructions below and in 30-40 minutes you’ll have a cheesy, salty, mustardy, mind-and-taste-bud-blowing cauliflower experience in your mouth – I guarantee it.
What are you cooking today? I’d love to know. I’ve gotta hurry and get this posted. I hear Mr. EN fumbling around in the kitchen and I’m pretty sure I smell Pumpkin Pancakes.
Peace, love and good eats, from our Empty Nest to yours.
Parmesan Crusted Baked Cauliflower
Yield 4 servings
- 1 whole head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium cloves finely minced garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice. (This is 100% optional; I like lemon.)
- Fresh or dried parsley or chives
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the cauliflower. Cut the leaves and bottom off so that it sits flat. Place the whole head of cauliflower in a shallow microwave safe dish. Add the water and microwave on high 7-8 minutes. Drain and let cool 5 minutes, or until it’s not steaming anymore.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic, mustard, hot sauce, and lemon juice (if using).
- Using clean hands, cover the head of cauliflower with the mayo-cheese mixture. (Pat it on.) Sprinkle with paprika, parsley and/or chives.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the over 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Sue Mark says
Made this while quarantined, yum! Thanks Chris.