Annie’s light and creamy poppy seed dressing, sweet ripe mango, and fresh strawberries make for a colorful and refreshing twist on a summer salad favorite.
This summer we made a big mistake. We planned our trip to see our kids smack-dab in the middle of strawberry season. By the time we got home, fresh, grown-just-around-the-corner, Michigan strawberries were nowhere to be found. The good news is, there are still plenty of fresh strawberries in the grocery stores and this quick-to-fix, kid- and grandkid-approved Strawberry Mango Pasta Salad just might become your go-to summer picnic or potluck favorite.
- Don’t overcook the pasta. Check the pasta while cooking and drain it when it’s still a little firm, also know as, al dente.
- Mango or mandarins. If you don’t like mangos, or can’t find them in the store (although lately they are EVERYWHERE, extra delicious, and cheap) you can use clementine segments or canned, drained mandarin oranges. Fresh blueberries might be a nice twist as well.
- If you like crunch… Add a little diced celery or toasted nuts.
- Add the strawberries dead last. This keeps your salad from turning pink, which BTW, some kids REALLY appreciate, but I find a little unappetizing.
Are you worrying about what to bring to this year’s family reunion? Problem solved! Try this super-easy, light and healthy, Strawberry Mango Pasta Salad.
Peace, love, and good eats; from our Empty Nest to yours.
Trending in the EN Kitchen: Annie’s Naturals Light Poppy Seed Dressing, purchased at our local Meijer Store
Strawberry Mango Pasta Salad
Yield 4 one-cup servings
- 2 cups bow-ties, spirals, or other pasta, uncooked
- 1/3 cup Annie’s Naturals Light Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon, poppy seeds
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Omit salt. Drain. Cool.
- Mix Poppy seed dressing and mayo until blended. Add pasta, green onions, and poppy seeds. Toss to coat. Chill one hour.
- Right before serving, stir in diced mango and sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
If you add extra fruit or nuts, be sure to add a little extra dressing too.
Serving Size 01 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 270 mg
Total Carbohydrates 38 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply